Saturday, October 15, 2016

In Which Glitter Girl Apologizes Prolifically for Not Posting Sooner and Recounts Interesting Things

Hey lovelies!

Ack! I haven't posted since July! Why is it that whenever my life gets boring/busy, I don't post anything?

I am so sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have to say, life got pretty hectic once school started up again and I really don't know what the heck happened in late July.

Anyways, I'm back, and maybe this time I can keep my easily-distracted nature in check just long enough to actually keep this blog going. So without further ado, I'm going to stop apologizing/making excuses about not doing things/rattling on and just tell you what's been up!

I had a fantastic time at the cast party that I mentioned in my previous post. Some friends and I played Frisbee in the rain (a good time, I got kind of wet, covered in grass, and a little muddy, but it was fun), I saw a girl I hadn't seen since the show (many good times), and I bought a rather disturbing-looking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ice pop from an ice cream truck and got covered in melted ice pop (but the first time I've ever bought something from an ice cream truck so I cannot complain),

I started school again. I'm not dying of schoolwork overload, thank goodness, although I still do have a metric TON of essays to write.

About four days into the school year, I was sitting on the couch and probably watching Star Trek: The Next Generation when I said to my mother, "Hey mom, you know that hair dye I bought? Let's go dye my hair." So we went upstairs and I ended up with emerald green bangs, no bleach needed (Manic Panic's Enchanted Forest, in case you're wondering). These lasted about two weeks, but they were very cool and I felt like the coolest person in every room I walked into. I'm seriously impressed with this dye; it completely dyes my red hair that normally doesn't take dye very well or even at all, and that's no small feat!

My mother and I have finished Star Trek: The Next Generation and have started working our way through the seven seasons of Star Trek: Voyager. We're currently only on season 3, so no spoilers please, but I have to say that I absolutely ADORE this series. I love the questions it raises, and I also adore the sheer amount of snark involved with the characters. I've also started growing out my undercut because I am seriously jealous of Captain Janeway's hair!

Coming up next in our Star Trek saga? Probably Deep Space Nine.

Also, about a week ago, I had auditions for Zombie Prom! Yeah, I know I said they were in December, but it turns out that they were actually in October. I actually did really good in the audition (a rare occurrence, let me tell you) and though I didn't get cast as Toffee, the role I was going for, I did get a really, really good role. I'm going to be playing Coco! Coco is such a fun character to read for, especially considering her personality and that I have a tendency to be cast as good-girl characters. I'm seriously looking forward to the read-through on Tuesday!

I've also signed up to take dance lessons because I am low-key a not-so-great dancer and have gotten some pretty bad panic attacks because I've combined that with a really nasty case of perfectionism. I am desperately hoping that dance lessons will either improve my dancing skills, make me more confident in any existing skills I might have, or at least make me okay with saying "I am not a good dancer." I am so-so-so-so excited for dance lessons, which start in November!

Also, I've been working on my Halloween costume this week. I pride myself on having only bought an entire costume once, so I've been sewing and shopping and dyeing fabric like crazy. This year, I'm dressing up as Bulbasaur from Pokemon. Yes, I have fallen in love with Pokemon Go, and I am not afraid to admit it!

The reason I've been so frantic about getting my costume done so early is that I'm going to a Halloween party tonight! Every year, this family my family knows throws a big Halloween party. Everyone dresses up and we eat food and talk and play games. In my honest opinion, these parties are legendary. But then again, I don't really go to parties very often (although I've been invited to like four different birthday parties this year, so I guess I do go to parties now), so I'm not the best judge of that. But I always have a good time there, and though I don't really know what to do at big, big parties like this, I figure it out (and then promptly forget)!

And that's what's rolling. I will post some pictures of my Bulbasaur costume either tonight or tomorrow, once I've finished the bulb!

Ciao for now!

Love,
Glitter Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment