Saturday, July 16, 2016

Watermelon Nails, Before-the-Party Ramblings, and the (Hopefully) End of the Vehicular Drama Saga

Hey lovelies!

So things have been pretty quiet here at Love, Glitter Girl HQ (AKA home). I babysat my two sisters last night, which was good (normally they fight like crazy, but were nice just for me), I have a cast party tomorrow night for the play I was in this spring, Little Shop of Horrors. And yeah.

I might've watched somewhere around six episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation this afternoon (I have no life in the summer). And while I was watching an obscene amount of Star Trek, I decided to paint my nails and do some nail art.

Summery watermelon nails!
I did watermelons, which was a lot more challenging than some of the other nail art I've done because I've never actually painted French tips before. But it went well, so I'm pretty proud of it. (Apologies for the sloppy paint job in the picture, my aim with the brush isn't always the best and I hadn't had time to scour the skin around my nails yet, I promise a better look soon.)

Also, as you know on Monday, the car broke down. The alternator and the battery both blew (which was icky) and we finally got the car back Wednesday, and we haven't had a problem with it since (but now I've probably jinxed it). Hopefully this is the end, but the car is almost 10 years old, so I doubt it. Our last car blew around 10 or 11 as well.

In addition to all the vehicular drama and nail art, as I said above, I am going to a party tomorrow. It's the cast party for Little Shop of Horrors, which was the play I was in this spring, and I have to make a pasta salad for it but that's okay because I make the best pasta salad. A bunch of us are all going to just go to the park and be weird theatre nerds. It's awesome. Also, some of these people I haven't seen since mid-April when the show closed, so that's going to be double awesome.

Other things that happened; I started wearing my retainer after not wearing it for two weeks (I can't figure out which was the bigger mistake), my sisters fought some more today, and I went to the grocery store. Boring, mundane stuff.

School starts soon, so I might get more interesting as the year progresses. I have auditions for a show called Zombie Prom in December, so that's going to be a thing, and I'm actually remembering to blog so that's good. Good job, me.

Some folks are lighting off fireworks for some strange reason, and I can hear the fweeeee of them launching outside my bedroom window.

That's all for tonight, sorry for the weird posting time.

Love,
Glitter Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment